RSS Feed

Friday, February 5, 2010

Spectacular white bathroom and destroying a laptop

  • color white
  • my sister
  • cats
  • painting
  • travel
  • my mom
  • cleaning supplies
  • living stuffed animals
  • van
  • laptop
  • restaurant
  • kitchen
  • bathroom
  • hotub
  • my husband
  • anger
  • sadness


The first part of the dream consisted of me actually working out how to paint different pictures and what techniques I should use. Pretty boring since that is all I was doing. I actually woke up after this part and thought 'well, that will be easy to remember'.

Second part, probably after I went back to sleep was about my laptop and me. I don't really remember where I was, it seems like I might have  been in college or going to meetings somewhere with tables and chairs. The only thing that really happened was that someone or something made me really angry and I destroyed my laptop.

I had just recently gotten one, I don't really remember much of this part, I just know it was very new and I was very happy with it (probably mirrors my waking feelings). I was doing some sort of test and part of the test was either I had to type something or plug in a keyboard. Yes, I know laptops have built in keyboards. I am typing on one now, but in my dream my laptop was more like a very small PC.

Anyway, all the other people around me had theirs all plugged in and I realized I couldn't find my regular keyboard. I looked all through the backpack that I wore to keep all my laptop things and I found a bunch of old keyboards and was about to give up when I found the only other USB keyboard we have (which we do, the one I was looking for is broken in real life, and the one I found we use on the PC). By the time I got back to my "laptop" I probably only had a few seconds left to plug in my keyboard. I couldn't fit it into the little USB port and time was up. I lost out on something because of something so stupid.

Cue the roiling anger and fireworks. I destroyed the laptop, cracking the screen and stepping on the keyboard. I was fully aware that I had just gotten this and it had cost quite a bit to get it. I didn't care. I wanted to destroy something. In the same vein of my usual (and not quite straight) thinking, I felt better destroying something I valued.

A little while later after I had calmed down, I felt bad about what I did and went back to my husband and told him what I did. For some reason by this time, the laptop had already been sent off to be examined. He told me what they were doing and how much they were going to charge to return the laptop back to me in one piece with all the information and files I had moved onto it. It was more than twice the cost of the laptop brand new! He said he opted to just rebuild another one for me and ordered it. I remember being upset because I hadn't been part of the building so I had no idea what he did. He said he made it exactly like the other one and I thought to myself that I would have liked to tweak a few things.

Yes. It's my inner brat!

Next part of my dream I was traveling with my family, the only people I can confirm that were there for sure was my mom and my youngest older sister (if I mention a sister in my dreams it will probably be her). I have no idea where we were going, but we had a lot of stuff and all my cats were with us. I don't think there is hardly a dream that I have where there ISN'T a cat.

As usual, I only remember a bit of this dream. We arrived at a place I used to play at as a child. This place still exists in real life and I actually kind of miss it. It's out in the country with cows and horses; pastures and trees.  I think we needed to stop for supplies and use the restroom, or at least my sister and I did. We don't speak to these people anymore, so I was just kinda standing around waiting for someone to tell me where we had permission to go when my sister said 'hey we can go in here'.

Here was a sort of apartment the people built there for their daughter to live. It was in the back of a workshop and it ran the entire back length of the building. I had a friend that had lived there and I remember both how it looked before it was an apartment and afterward. I think I was always fascinated with it.

I wasn't sure we should be going into this apartment as I remember people lived there, but when I stepped inside I was shocked. The entire apartment was changed. Gone was the carpet and furniture and pretty much everything that had made it look like an apartment. The entire thing was redone in pure white. Pure white tiles on the walls and the floors, the ceilings and windows and the mini kitchen were done in white. Everything was pristine and pure and shining. The most amazing thing was the biggest hot tub thing in the very center of the main room. It was so deep that even though the most bottom part was filled with water, my sister was completely submerged pulling a plug to empty the rest of the water out. (I have no idea why she did this. When she did this all I could think was "Great now she's soaking wet").  I actually told her how shocked I was at the entire place.

This place eventually morphed into the kitchen from my old house. We ended up finding a toilet in the adjoining room, so the layout was basically the old kitchen. I think by the time I found the toilet she had already used it. At some point between then and when I needed to go, we had to fend off a very annoying living stuffed animal that kept bothering us. I think she ended up putting it outside through the backdoor.

My mom came in and started fussing about the place not being spotless or something equally silly. She said she wanted to leave soon and she had all sorts of cleaning supplies with her and asked us to hurry and finish up so we could leave.

We both left, and we ended up walking down wooden steps towards the back of a white van, and I could see all kinds of cats wandering around outside. I only thought of how long it would take to round them up because I guess they let them out to do their cat business.

I don't remember anything else, I think I woke up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment